Coordinator/Manager/Specialist within industry of innovative communication technologies.
- 8 years experience with all aspects of fire alarm, nurse call, CCTV, access control, and security systems.
- Proficient knowledge of copper, fiber, and wireless transmission systems as well as wired/wireless networking standards.
- Efficient manager/supervisor with strong impact of team building, proper delegation, and substantial productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and resolve complex issues among multiple entities with conflicting interests.
- Outstanding ability to produce and maintain loyal client base.
- Passion for learning/developing new technology to increase productivity and profit.
- 10 years of experience building, maintaining, networking, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based pc’s.
- Experience building, maintaining, and hosting websites based on open source platforms. (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Etc.)
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux web servers. (Ubuntu Server and Gentoo with Apache, NGinx, PHP, MySql, Cron Backups, and related packages)
- NICET Level I – Ready to test for Level II.
- EST2 fire alarm systems- trained and certified.
- West-Com nurse call systems- trained and certified.
- Licensed as ES technician for Department of Criminal Justice Services.
2008-Current – River City Tech Support
- Provide web design, management, and hosting services on privately owned and managed dedicated Linux web servers.
Project Coordinator/Site Manager
2003-2010 – Carlton Gray Systems Richmond, VA
- Supervised/Coordinated installations of fire alarm, nurse call, CCTV, and access control for high value contracts, including Virginia hospitals and correctional facilities.
- Managed all aspects of West-Com nurse call projects. Including pre-quote meetings with managers and executives, system quotes, material procurement, installation management, final programming and configuration.
- Responsible for programming all field equipment. (Fire Alarm, Access Control, CCTV, Nurse Call, and Security Systems)
- Sole AutoCAD technician responsible for fire alarm permit drawings as well as all drawings for other low voltage systems to be installed.
- Conducted technical training sessions for on-site, first response end users.
- On-call support for fire alarm and nurse call system end users.
- IT specialist for staff and office equipment.
2005-Current – Pavlov Media Richmond,VA
- On-call specialist to configure and troubleshoot Subscriber Gateway and Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Field support for multi-building Internet service deployment.
2005-2008 – AcsysTech Richmond, VA
- On-call specialist for local businesses to provide on-site service for POS systems, networked printers, and computer systems.
CAD Operator/Systems Specialist
2002-2003 – Applied Systems Technologies Richmond, VA
- Generated detailed installation drawings with AutoCAD for multiple systems.
- Installed, configured, inspected, troubleshot, and repaired systems including the following: EST1, EST2, LSS4, QuickStart, Ademco Vista, Checkpoint, Vicon Multiplexing and Digital Video Recording, Fixed and PTZ Dome cameras, and Tek Tone.
- Managed office computer systems and networks.
- Designed and priced systems for the bid market and private jobs.
2000-2001 – PC Service Company Richmond, VA
- Built network and configured web server for the business website.
- Built and configured new PCs for retail sale.
- Troubleshot and repaired residential and commercial computer systems.
2000 – Self-employed Richmond, VA
- Contracted to provide sole PC and network support for six Fastsigns stores in Richmond and Fredericksburg.
- Built and repaired computers for residential and commercial use.
ISP/Telephone Technician and Dispatcher
1999-2000 – Cavalier Telephone Richmond, VA
Technician and Dispatcher
1999 – Nerds4Rent, Inc. Richmond, VA
1997-1999 – Computer Renaissance Richmond, VA
2000-2002 Virginia Commonwealth University coursework:
1997-1999 J. Sergeant Reynolds coursework:
-AutoCAD certification completed 1999