Procrastination, Look NOW! (Or Later)

How many times do we, as individuals, need to suffer the consequences of procrastination before we realize that doing something about our procrastination problems later NEVER works. Is the United States a ProcrastiNATION? -Kamen

Read More

Old Media vs. Web Media

Why is it that Old Media, specifically newspapers, have the WORST websites? I know a person or two in the Richmond area that can vouch for this @ Media General, but the issue expands far and wide. Maybe it’s because what works in print, doesn’t work for the web. I would assume that layout and […]

Read More

Balloon Man Visits The Nursing Home

More people, including myself, should be doing this kind of thing. Nice work balloon man! -Kamen

Read More

I Am Really Getting Tired of Velvet…And Their Hummers!

I am not saying they need to be shut down (though I would be happier if they were), but I really dislike Velvet…..(the Gentleman’s Club downtown for the uninformed). It seems like everything they do to promote the business is VERY showy, which I am sure plays a huge part in their success, but I […]

Read More

Blog 365 is about to begin!

For those of you that have not heard, I started a Ning Network called Blog 365. The idea is to blog everyday for the entire year of 2008. It sounds crazy, which it is, but it’s also doable. At last check, blog365.ning.com has grown to over 500 participants! I have to thank Eden over @ NaBloPoMo for […]

Read More

Get Pulled Over, Get Starbucks!

Have you ever been pulled over for doing nothing wrong? Motorists in Rancho Cordova, California are and they are getting gift cards for it. via The Associated Press Police Reward Good Drivers With Coffee 1 day ago RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. (AP) — Happy holidays. Now pull over to the side of the road. Motorists may […]

Read More

RVA Blogs! –> NaBloPoMo x Insane = Blog 365

Since some of my readers come from RVA Blogs, which happens to be the blogosphere of Richmond, VA, I want to invite RVA Blogs readers and contributors to the party. I would love to see some native Richmonders to get in on the fun! NaBloPoMo really got me going with my content creation and once […]

Read More

Angel Tree – You’re running out of time!

set:72157603319488491 If you have never adopted an angel, go do it now. If you have not adopted and angel, go do it now! Melanie and I have participated in Angel Tree in the past and wanted to keep it going this year. Last year, I think it was last year, I got to build a […]

Read More

On Teaming Up for Good and for Bad

The notion of “teaming up” has come to mind a few times recently and I have some thoughts to share about teams, what they represent, and when they are not such a good thing. I love the idea of working as a team to accomplish goals. Whether at work, home, with friends, or in an […]

Read More

What’s after NaBloPoMo? I suggest BloPo365, a posting marathon!

I think NaBloPoMo was a fantastic idea and I have fully embraced the challenge and have been posting like a mad man this month. But now that the challenge is almost over, what’s next? I could slow it down and wait for next years NaBloPoMo… Or I could think of a new way to blog […]

Read More